How We Rate iPhone Casinos
We rate iPhone casino applications by testing, assessing and compiling everything we can find about the respective casino. For years, experts at BestCasino have been evaluating, auditing and reviewing top casino sites in the United Kingdom and other gambling jurisdictions worldwide.
Therefore, we have the expertise and experience required to recommend online casino apps for iPhone users. The goal of the BestCasino experts is to arm our readers with knowledge so that they can make informed decisions when it comes to gambling.
Here are some of the most vital things that we consider when rating iPhone casinos.
Apple is keen on releasing a new iPhone almost every year. It is no surprise to find that Apple is blocking some older applications from running on the latest iOS systems. Sometimes, some gambling apps become obsolete after an update and cannot run on the new iPhone Operating System.
That is why iPhone compatibility is a key factor when choosing the best iPhone casino app. Top casinos with an iPhone app always ensure that their applications are compatible with all the latest operating systems, to avoid inconveniencing their players. This is the most common process in checking iOS app compatibility for gamblers.
- Open the Settings in iOS.
- Go to About (under General).
- Click on the ‘Applications’ setting, followed by ‘App Compatibility’
- If any of your favourite apps are listed here, they need an update to be compatible.
Criteria for Game Selection
Having fun with mobile casino games on an iPhone should give you a profoundly fun experience, whether you are playing with real money or free slot games. Additionally, online casino players should be able to have instant access to the entire game selection on their iPhones, as they would on a desktop.
That is why each brand in our best casino apps list must have many casino games and variants. All are optimised for use on iPhone devices and smaller screens. In addition to a wide pool of games, we also look into:
- The accessibility of games – Are there categories to help players find their preferred games and start playing faster?
- The payout rate of the games – What is the average payout rate of the slot games featured in the app? Do we have high payout slot games like megaways and Jackpots?
- In-game bonus features – Do games at the casino come with bonuses? Can the bonus features assist players to have more fun and create more chances of winning real money?
- The streaming quality of live casino games for iPhone apps – What is the highest streaming quality and does the view automatically adjust when the bandwidth changes?
Bonus and Promotion Assessment
We understand that when you sign up for top iPhone casinos, one of the things that you expect is instant access to a generous range of bonuses and promotions. Casino bonuses such as bonus spins and cashback give players more chances to win money in mobile games.
- The wagering requirements on the welcome bonus money and other no-deposit bonuses at that iPhone casino app.
- What are the limitations in withdrawing real money wins from bonus gameplay? For example, if you win using the welcome offer, what are you required to do to withdraw the wins?
- The average expiration date, max bet allowed and maximum bonus conversion rate in that particular casino?
- What is the bonus frequency? Weekly, daily, seasonal or monthly?
User Interface and Experience Evaluation
We cannot speak on the best iPhone casinos without exploring the user interface and experience. For many years, iPhone has boasted of its focus in promoting a smooth user experience for its users and we expect nothing less from online casinos that offer iPhone apps.
Gambling experts can confirm that whether a player signs up to a casino depends on the quality of their experience when they first used the casino. When evaluating user experience, we focus on:
- Accessibility and visibility of all necessary buttons and call-to-action links.
- How the casino games adjust as you change devices, eg from an iPad to an iPhone.
- The fonts, colour scheme and games should all be well visible and readable.
Casino Apps on App Store
There are thousands of online casinos with downloadable iPhone apps. Consequently, so many options can make it difficult for players to decide which is the best casino app for them to use or download for the Apple Store.
Popular Casino Apps on the App Store
The best casino apps for iPhone will have more downloads than regular apps. In short, the more popular a casino app is, the higher it will be ranked on the Apple Store. When you search for ‘casino’ in the store, the popular casinos will appear first.
Here are some top casino apps on the Apple Store:
User Reviews and Ratings of Casino Apps
Apple allows iPhone players to give ratings and provide reviews on real money iPhone casinos available in the store. Both old and new players can give feedback on their experience with a certain iPhone casino app and offer suggestions on what the online casino can do to improve their app.
The best iPhone casino brands will take the time to respond to the reviews and address any complaints voiced by the players. Most importantly, if you want to know iPhone online casinos that have built a rapport with gamblers, check the reviews and ratings section.
The rating of an iPhone casino app is the summary of all ratings that players have made at the casino. UK players can rate a real money gambling app on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, with the latter being the highest rating available.
Downloading non-App Store Casino Apps
Downloading casino applications that are not on the official Apple Store to your iPhone is easy, although there are some risks involved. Fortunately for gamblers, untrustworthy apps are easy to identify.
Sideloading Casino Apps on iOS Devices
Sideloading refers to downloading an online casino app from the open internet or non-official platforms. While this practice is very common amongst Android users, iOS comes with more restrictions.
Notably, Apple has been exacting control over where iPhone casino gamblers can download their gambling apps. The tech giant has insisted that sideloading online casino apps on iPhone might open users to malicious links and insecure apps, as compared to downloading apps approved and published on the Apple Store.
Security Considerations for Non-App Store Downloads
While not all sideloaded online casino apps are unsafe, it’s important to understand the potential risk of playing casino games on your iPhone, from an app that is not published on the Apple Store.
- Third-party apps might not be fully compliant with security guidelines as compared to casino features in the official store.
- Sideloaded gambling apps do not undergo regular checks and monitoring for malware or malicious code.
- Downloading an app not published by Apple to your iPhone casino file might put your personal and financial information at stake.
Before sideloading any iPhone casinos to your devices, ensure that you examine the app’s policies to find out:
- How the third party ensures that the app is up to date.
- The data collected and/or distributed by the casino app.
- What criteria are used to validate and approve the app for use by iPhone gamblers?
Compatibility and System Requirements
The ability to use non-Apple store mobile casinos on iPhone depends on your system’s version and compatibility. Therefore, before you even start sideloading iPhone slots apps, Apple will automatically scan their device to make sure it meets several mandatory requirements. This includes your Apple ID billing address, IP location and iOS settings.
Luckily for players, all apps that are not from Apple’s official games store must undergo a review process by Apple security teams. The vetting procedure is automated and Apple will use it to ensure the app is secure for your use.
Getting Started: Playing Casino Games on iPhone
Are you wondering how you can get started with iPhone casino games on your device? Here is a breakdown of how to do it.
Setting Up Your iPhone for Casino Gaming
Setting up your device to enjoy real money iPhone casinos is straightforward.
- Make certain that your software is up to date.
- Check the permissions on your iPhone to make sure you hide sensitive data like bank details.
- Download any of the best iPhone casinos at BestCasino for the best experience.
- Set up the Focus Mode (gaming mode for iPhone users). This mutes alerts and notifications from interrupting your game and ruining your gaming experience.
Creating an Account and Logging In
Before you can play free casino games or real money titles, you must create a new account at the casino. Pay attention to the mobile casino bonuses for new players, as most casinos require you to opt in for the welcome deposit bonuses during sign-up.
- Click on the ‘Join’, ‘Register’ or ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Fill in your name, phone number and address details.
- Create a username and a strong password to protect your account.
- If there is a 2FA option, use that too.
- If you have any welcome bonus code, use it.
- You might receive a link to your email or SMS to your phone to activate your account and you are good to go!
It is advisable to complete KYC verification after signing up, just before you start betting on the games. The UK Gambling Commission demands for all casinos to verify the identity, age and jurisdiction of their players. Most importantly, being verified means you can process withdrawals instantly.
Exploring the Casino Lobby
From classic table games to slots and live dealer games, there is a wide selection of games to play. Some beginners have a problem knowing which games to play first, especially when the casino lobby has hundreds of titles of video poker, slots games, live dealer games and classic table options.
The most important thing is to play one game at a time so that you can fully savour the bonus features and everything else that the game has to offer.
- The volatility and RTP of a game if you want to win real money. These two factors affect the size of your wins and how frequently you will win.
- The size of your bankroll to maximise your cash on as many games and rounds as you can. Casino slots have the lowest minimum bet limits, making them the best for low bankrollers. However, high bankrollers can go for live dealer games like Crazy Time Live, Lightning Roulette or First Person Blackjack.
- If the casino games can be played with the bonus and how much they contribute to meeting the wagering requirement.
- Play free games in demo mode to familiarise yourself with gameplay.
Making Your First Deposit
All brands in our list of best iPhone casinos allow players to make a deposit using various banking options.
- Choose the payment method you want to use (e-wallets, bank cards, prepaid cards or bank transfers).
- Input the amount you want to deposit according to the matched deposit bonus you want to get.
- Complete the deposit and start playing your games!
Top Casino Games for iPhone and iPad
Here are some of the most popular iPhone casino games, whether you are playing on the apps or mobile gaming on casino sites. You will see the best slots apps, table and live games applications.
Top 10 Slot Games for iOS
|Book of Dead
|Play n ‘ Go
|Big Bass Bonanza
|White Rabbit Megaways
|Big Time Gaming
|Money Train 4
|Blood Suckers Megaways
|Big Bad Wolf
|Buffalo King Megaways
|Book of 99
Classic Table Games
|Vegas Singe Deck Blackjack
|Three Card Hold’em
|First Person Baccarat
|First Person Roulette
|First Person Blackjack
|Classic Blackjack with Picture-Perfect Bonus
|Atlantic City Blackjack
|Three Hand Casino Hold’em
|Play n’ Go
|Who Wants To Be A Milllionaire Roulette
Live Dealer Games
|Live Casino Games
|Speed Baccarat Gold
|Crazy Coin Flip
|Royal Casino Roulette
Playing on Casino Apps vs Playing in Browser
Are you torn between playing on a browser and an app? Use the information below to know what fits your gaming needs best.
Advantages of Using Dedicated Casino Apps
There are many benefits that you will only enjoy if you play via an iPhone app.
- Applications from the Apple Store are built with robust security and encryption to protect you from malware.
- Playing via the app is more seamless as compared to browsers.
- Logging in is quicker as all your login information is saved to your device.
Browser Gaming: Flexibility and Convenience
Browser gaming gives you extra flexibility and more control over how you play your games. For instance, you can play on multiple casinos at the same time, as long as you open different tabs. This is, however, not recommended unless you are only gambling for fun.
There is no need to download anything, meaning you can play your favourite games without affecting your device’s memory storage. All you need is a powered device and a stable wi fi.
You can save the casino’s URL to your browser or bookmark it for easier access. As you can see, you are not missing out on anything.
Comparing Graphics and Performance
If an online casino has fantastic graphics via browser, the quality will rarely get lower when you play via the app. The visuals usually remain constant, unless you change the bandwidth of your wi fi.
Sometimes, games might load a little slower on the browser, especially if you have multiple tabs open. This can be detrimental to your winning streak because some slots nullify a win if a disconnection takes place in the middle of a winning combination.
Offline Accessibility and Features
While most free games are accessible offline, real money casino sites or apps only work with an active internet connection. To win real money, you need to play in real time, especially if its on a progressive jackpot or tournament.
iPhone Casino Apps Security and Payment Options
You should never be worried about gaming apps on iPhone. Before being published in the store, the apps are checked for malware and vulnerable loopholes that can be used by malicious internet users.
Security features in Top iPhone Casinos
- If you use Apple’s browser Safari to browse online casinos, you benefit from more powerful security than on the regular browser. The Safari browser protects players from tracing via cookies and makes it hard for people to view your details.
- Apple devices use auto-secure passwords to prevent people who might guess your password from accessing your apps.
- iPhone casinos are designed to audit each gambling application and block out suspicious requests to access your personal information.
Choosing Secure Payment Methods
You can make deposits and receive your cash wins in either of the following payment methods:
- Apple pay
- e-wallets (PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Trrustly).
- Bank cards (Visa and MasterCard).
- Prepaid cards.
- Bank Transfer
Two-Factor Authentication for Transactions
Turn on 2-FA authentication at your casino to add an extra layer of security to your account. this means the casino will ask for two pieces of identification before granting you any access. Common types of 2FA include SMS codes, security questions, OTPs to your email and physical hardware tokens.
Privacy Settings and Data Protection
- Playing at an iPhone casino site or app protects your privacy via encryption Systems so robust that even expert hackers can’t crack them.
- Above all, in case you lose your iPhone or someone gains unauthorised access, you can nuke your data and protect your gambling, personal and financial information.
The UK Gambling Commission requires that all casinos facilitate responsible gambling on iPhone devices and Mac PC.
- Allow players to set time and financial limits. Eg, limits on the deposit amount they can make in a day
- Stop loss limits
- Voluntary self exclusion
- Support from organisations that help players with a gambling problem